Research shows that car accidents are responsible for over 3 million injuries a year.
Unfortunately, auto accidents are extremely common as drivers are becoming more distracted and paying less attention while driving. This can have serious effects on victims, leaving some seriously injured, permanently hurt, and financially devastated.
If you or someone you know, has been involved in a car accident, our firm can help. Our law firm is experienced in handling Auto Accident claims. Each car accident case will be handled by an experienced personal injury lawyer, but also by a full staff of secretaries and paralegals. You will receive the highest quality legal representation for your case.
Auto Accident Facts
- Car crashes claim 400,000 lives every year.
- Every day, approximately 115 people die from motor vehicle accidents.
- Every person is likely to experience at least one car accident during their lifetime.
- Damages from auto crashes total $150 billion annually.
- Fatal car accidents serve as the leading cause of death for Americans under the age of 34.
Immediately after a Car Accident, contact this office at (404) 761-1212 or (770) 964-2847 and speak to an Automobile Accident Attorney.
In most cases, we can assist in recovering your lost wages, medical bills, property damage, loss of life's joys, and other related costs. We will also help you deal with your car insurance company as far as making any necessary claims, in addition to handling your case against the at-fault driver's insurance company. Even if you are not sure if you are to blame for the accident, please consult with us immediately to discuss a possible auto accident lawsuit. We may still be able to help you with your auto accident claim.
Drunk Driving and Auto Accidents
In addition to negligent and aggressive drivers, alcohol is a factor in 38% of all deadly car crashes and 7% of all auto accidents. DUIs, formerly known as DWIs, can apply to those under the influence of alcohol, prescription medication, illicit drugs, and even over-the counter medicine. Individuals who were injured in alcohol-related crashes should contact this office immediately at (404) 761-1212 or (770)-964-2847 to consult with a car accident attorney. Other types of traffic collisions involved in auto accident cases include rollover accidents, head-on collisions, side impact collisions, rear-end collisions, high-speed collisions, and lane changing accidents.
Some causes for these types of car crashes include the following:
- Driving too slow
- Failure to utilize turn signals
- Reckless driving
- Drugs and/or alcohol
- Failure to obey traffic signs
- Aggressive driving
- Falling asleep at the wheel
The driver, however, may not be at fault for every car accident. Automobile defects, incorrect highway signs, construction, faulty highway or road design, inadequate lighting, or out-of-order traffic lights may be to blame. The government or automobile company can be at fault for these accidents. You should immediately contact this office at (404) 761-1212 or (770) 964-2847 to see if we can help get you reimbursed for your losses.
Car and Driving Safety
If everyone could be a bit more conscientious behind the wheel and practice safe habits, it would make sense that accidents, road rage, and other unwanted driving problems would be reduced. Aside from demonstrating car control proficiency and excellent decision-making skills in the driver's seat, listed below are some simple guidelines that every driver should be aware of and abide by:
- Stay at least three seconds behind the driver ahead of you.
- Don't hinder the traffic flow; if someone wants to get by, let them.
- Use your rearview and side mirrors to help you plan ahead for your next move
- Avoid tailgating.
- Consider enrolling in a defensive driving course.
- Don't forget to use turn signals when making turns and changing lanes.
- Follow the speed limit when conditions permit