Legal Information About Felony Offenses
In any criminal case, the state and/or federal government files charges against a defendant for committing a crime against society. Depending on circumstances surrounding the crime, the defendant will be charged with either a felony or a misdemeanor crime. If you have been accused or charged with a felony crime, it’s extremely important to hire a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. Felonies are considered the most serious of all crimes, and will result in severe legal penalties if you are found guilty.
As Atlanta criminal defense lawyer Andre Sailers knows, the punishment for committing a felony crime is usually one year or more in state prison, probation, and a fine of more than $1,000. In addition, a person may also lose some or all of their civil liberties, such as the right to vote, own a handgun, or hold certain professions. Furthermore, many people convicted of felony crimes suffer from tarnished reputations, and have difficulty finding a job, obtaining loans, and renting or buying a home.
Were you arrested for a felony offense?
If you have been accused of a felony crime, Attorney Sailers has the skill, knowledge, and experience to help you. Attorney Sailers has handled hundreds of cases involving felony crimes, and knows effective strategies for reducing his clients’ charges to a misdemeanor or getting the case dropped altogether. Attorney Sailers has experience defending people against many different types of felony crimes, such as:
- Sex Crimes: rape (any type), child molestation, child pornography, sex crimes against children, sexual assault
- White Collar Crimes: tax crimes, espionage, treason, fraud, counterfeiting, extortion, money laundering, antitrust violations, embezzlement, forgery, insider trading, conspiracy, cybercrimes, pyramid schemes, racketeering, bribery
- Drug Crimes: trafficking, cultivation, manufacturing, possession, prescription drug crimes, distribution, selling
- Theft Crimes: bank robbery, grand theft, car theft, identity theft, credit card theft, burglary, armed robbery, embezzlement, forgery
- Violent Crimes: arson, kidnapping, murder, homicide, manslaughter, aggravated assault, aggravated stalking, aggravated battery, terrorism/terrorist threats, hate crimes
Retaining the services of a trained Atlanta felony crimes lawyer like Attorney Sailers will not only protect your rights, but will also greatly increase your chances of obtaining a favorable verdict in court. Attorney Sailers is committed to fighting on behalf of her clients’ best interests, and ensuring that they obtain justice under the legal system at all cost. To schedule a consultation with Sailers & Associates, contact the firm by calling (404) 761-1212.